Monday, September 15, 2008

Raspberry Marathon

Monday was a much more interesting day, then, because Kiley came over with Paulie! Well, first Grandma reminded Aunt Jill about the little umbrella stroller she'd found in the back room, so Aunt Jill got that out and, since it was such a nice breezy day, we went outside for a while. Aunt Jill rolled me around on the porch and sidewalk - I like going really fast, of course. Aunt Jill then set me up in the grass and we spent a while blowing raspberries at each other (which, of course, was a theme throughout the whole weekend - Aunt Jill said thankfully I'd wait until AFTER I ate to do it...) until Kiley and Paul got there. We went inside and then we played for a while on the blanket with Mommy Schaller and Auntie Jill until I (who absolutely loved Kiley's shiny necklace) started getting sleepy. I went down for a nap then, and was OUT for a loooong time! The funniest thing was that before going up for my nap, when I would get a little fussy, Paulie would see me starting to cry and would have a sympathy cry on my behalf! Aunt Jill said that trying to settle down two babies at once while you're laughing too hard from the amusement of it is kinda tough...

Then Daddy got there - but I was still asleep! So Daddy played with Paulie and caught up with Kiley for a while, talking about Obama and more "adult" stuff while Auntie Jill lazed on the floor to get the rest she needed, since I was tiring her out. After a while I finally woke up again, and what a wake-up call to have Daddy right there to pick me up! I was so happy to see him, and then I played together with Paulie some more on the blanket. Paulie kept smiling at me, but when I started in with my raspberry marathon, he started to look a little... um, disturbed? Or impressed? I couldn't tell. But I just kept going and going and going, soaking my shirt and everything - it was hilarious! Aunt Jill thinks I was still going when Kiley and Paul had to leave. The family managed to get a few nice pictures of the us together on Grandma's camera, and Aunt Jill thinks Kiley and Daddy both got some on their phones.

Mommy said that we need to send a very special thanks to Aunt Jill for helping keep my blog up-to-date over the last couple of days. Also for giving me the love and care I needed while Mommy and Daddy were away. It was so much fun! Thanks so much Aunt Jill, Aunt Mandy, Grandma and Grandpa! I love you all.

No comments: