Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mommy & Daddy's Wedding

Today Mommy got me up early and we went to Grandmom's and Grandad's house. Grandmom fed me and Aunt Becky played with me while Mommy was getting her hair done. They also gave me a bath, so I would be all pretty for the wedding. I had a big role. I was coming down the aisle in a wagon. I was so good during the ceremony. It was a lot of fun. It was also very hot. I was ok in the church, but the reception hall was worse. I started to get cranky, partly from the heat, but also from being tired. It was so much fun to watch the service and the photographer kept making me laugh, it was great. Mommy and Daddy looked so happy. I had a great time with Aunt Sharon and Scott too. They are fun to be around. (Pictures are coming soon.)

Well, Saturday after the wedding was a bit aggravating because we got caught in traffic on the way home, but I managed to entertain my grandparents and aunts with all sorts of sounds, songs and raspberries. I liked all the faces Aunt Jill kept making at me over the seat. I also liked peek-a-boo when Aunt Jill would hide away behind the seat and then pop up on any side. It was always a surprise. I laughed so much that I had the rest of my family laughing along with me. When we finally got home I was hungry, so we had dinner right away. Afterwards we sat around the table and just blew raspberries at each other and "talked" - I love saying "da da da," and the "nah nah nah," but Aunt Jill kept trying to get me used to the "ma ma ma" - I just blew a raspberry at her instead. I do the same thing to Mommy. Then I started getting sleepy, so we sat in the front room and Aunt Jill put on Rosencranz and Guildenstern Are Dead - hardly a baby movie, but I absolutely refused to sleep! I kept bouncing and wiggling on Aunt Mandy's lap with my eyes glued to the screen. Aunt Jill thinks it was that I knew I would fall asleep if I sat still, but I didn't want to miss the movie. Eventually though I couldn't fight it anymore. I woke up a couple of times during the night and seemed to know I wasn't at home and was a little scared, but Aunt Jill just held me for a few minutes on the couch and I settled down again nicely. Aunt Jill says her favorite times, besides the playing and the silly noises, are when I get cuddly and lay my head and hand on her chest. Mommy and Daddy love that too.

No comments: