Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lightning Strike

I had a very exciting morning. Mommy and I got to the car just before the rain started and then there was a lot of thunder on our way to the daycare. Mommy saw some lightning too. She told me many times that we were going to sit in the car and wait for the storm to pass through or at least calm down and it's a good thing that we did. While we were in the car, lightning struck the building where I go to daycare. We heard a loud crash and saw a spark. I go so scared that I started to cry. Mommy tried to calm me down with songs and soon after my friends all came out of the building, four other kids from school sat in the car with me and Mommy as we all waited for the police and firemen to check out the building. We are so happy that no one was hurt and that we could still play at school. It only took about 40 minutes, but it was an exciting start to the day. Ms. Christine was so proud of how great all of us did. Mommy was glad that she was there to help. We played inside today because of all the storms. I had a good time with Ms. Kathy today. Ms. Becky is getting married this coming weekend, so she won't be in until she is back from her honeymoon. We wish her all the best on her special day!

At night I hung out with Mommy and we read stories. I said the word "home" multiple times today. :) Unfortunately Mommy didn't have the batteries charged to capture it on video, but she is sure that I will say it again. We also folded up clothes, well Mommy did and I kept trying to lay on them. Mommy knew that this meant that I was sleepy, so she got me ready for bed.

No comments: